Friday, June 10, 2011

Chocolate Candy for Maintenance 1

One of my favorite Maintenance recipes is a Coconut Oil Candy... but really, it is just good chocolate! Here is the basic essence of the recipe (so simple)

1 cup of coconut oil melted
1 cup unsweetened cocoa (Hershey's is great)
Stevia to taste (I use 8 packets of the Sweetleaf granules and about 4 droppers of KAL liquid Stevia as well)
Flavor with a multitude of choices...

Melt the oil and mix with the cocoa. Add the stevia and mix. Add any flavorings you want. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. After it sets, pop out and put in freezer bags to store. Enjoy!

The batch I made tonight I divided in half and added Peppermint Sweetleaf Stevia to half and Chocolate Raspberry Sweetleaf Stevia to the other half. I didn't skimp on the flavoring because I have made some and not added enough stevia and then it is pretty bitter (like really bitter dark chocolate). Much better to err on the side of too much than too little. I added 3 or 4 droppers of flavoring to each batch and it turned out fantastic! There is so much you can do with this too...

Add coconut
Add nuts (as they are allowed)
Add peanut butter (obviously sugar-free)
Add cinnamon
I actually mixed some greek yogurt with stevia and coconut to make a filling like for a Mounds bar - pour a little chocolate and set, add the filling and set and then add a little more chocolate to top it off - yummy! Make the peanut butter ones with the same layered effect.

Have fun with it and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment